07 Oct Social Club News Letter
Social Club News Letter
Issue No 1 SALTY DOG SOCIAL CLUB
The Social Club is well underway with membership reaching a total of forty members as of 30thSeptember.
MANNY MANNY THANKS TO DEBBIE AND HER STAFF FOR ALL THE HELP WE HAVE RECEIVED DURING THE SET UP PERIOD.
I have been asked the question “WHAT DO WE GET FOR OUR MEMBERSHIP FEE.” Well the answer is as follows:-
If you are a member you get free pool on Thursdays and Sundays. If not! You pay $2.00 per game. If you have one free game of pool per month for twelve months you will have covered your subscription. (Most pool players make back their subscription in the first month of free pool.)
If you are a Petanque player you get into the competition for $10.00 per head. If you are not a member then you will pay $15.00 per head. (This money goes towards prizes and after competition function)
The annual membership fee goes to cover annual costs. Such as, Registration with Govt Departments, Administration, Purchase of Equipment. So far we have purchased new white balls for the pool tables and a cage with balls and ancillary equipment for the raffles. The money raised from raffles will initially be going to pay for refurbishing the pool tables.(Quote$1500.00). Hopefully this will be done during December. Future income from raffles will go towards subsidising team shirts for all activities undertaken by the club. Subsidising travel expenses and entertaining hospitality for visiting pool teams. Reciprocating the hospitality we receive when we play away.
Now that you are a member of the Social Club can you help the Club?
We now need volunteers to join the existing committee to help advance the good start we have made.
- Can you help with arranging pool matches and competitions?
- Are you knowledgeable about Petanque and can help arrange the next competition?
- Do you have an hour a month free on your computer to help put out our monthly newsletter to all our members? We need an Editor. Could that be you?
- We are a social club. So hopefully, over the next few years, we will be comprehensive in our sporting cover from Pool to Petanque to Darts to Boating to Touch Rugby to Whist Club to Netball to Junior Fishing or Underwater Tennis or even One Armed Paper Hanging Competitions. Whatever the members want to promote as sports and activities to all the people of our community, especially the youth, we will try to do.
- Do you have an interest in a sport that we, in the future, can assist? Then come join the committee and help us achieve our goals. You will only have to attend one meeting per month which we hope will last for no more that one hour. If you can help please give your name to any of the following, VERNE PATTEN, RAY JENSEN, PAUL BAKER OR PADDY HALLIDAY.
- For phone contact ring 09 – 4254675 or 021 2538874 Paddy.
- If you have signed up and have not received you brass key link see Verne.
ALL THE COMMITTEE POSITIONS WE ARE ASKING FOR VOLINTERERS TO FILL TODAY WILL BE VOTED FOR AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING TO BE HELD NEXT YEAR.